Feb. 10, 2017, 10:35 a.m.
Here is an overview of the firewall rules needed by Consul to operate correctly.
Ports required by Consul servers and agents:
- 8301 (tcp and udp): Gossip protocol between agents and servers.
- 8400 (tcp): Used for RPC communication from the commandline tools.
- 8500 (tcp): HTTP API.
- 8600 (tcp and udp): DNS interface.
Ports used by Consul servers only:
- 8300 (tcp): Used to handle incoming connections by Consul agents
- 8302 (tcp and udp): Gossip protocol between Consul servers